Canadian Privacy (Online)
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Your course includes everything you need to get started. And if you decide to aim for a credential, you'll have a head start!
This online training is a robust, interactive opportunity to learn about critical privacy concepts that are also integral to the CIPP/C exam. It is not purely a "test prep" course, nor does taking the training guarantee you'll pass your exam.
It's appropriate for professionals who plan to certify, as well for those who want to deepen their privacy knowledge.
Give yourself the best chance of passing an exam by studying for at least 30 hours, and reviewing the additional free resources found here.
Between major releases of the IAPP's online training programs, content updates and corrections will be listed here. Questions? Please contact email@example.com.
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
- Unlimited access to an online presentation that you can pause and review anytime, anywhere with an internet connection
- Interactive quizzes to check your mastery of the subject matter
- Course textbook: Canadian Privacy: Data Protection Law and Policy for the Practitioner (Electronic Copy) (immediately accessible through your MyIAPP portal)
- CIPP/C Sample Questions (immediately accessible through your MyIAPP portal)
Please note, we are no longer issuing the textbook Foundations of Information Privacy and Data Protection. The Fundamentals training is provided as foundational knowledge for those new to privacy. We are phasing out this content as we continue to update our online training programs, opting to replace it with more depth on Canadian Privacy, to better support candidates who are preparing for certification.
WHAT YOU'LL TAKE AWAY:
- Instruction based on the Body of Knowledge for the globally recognized Certified Information Privacy Professional/Canada (CIPP/C) credential
- Sought-after skills you can start applying right away
- Know-how you need to advance your career
WHAT YOU NEED (SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS):
- Windows: Internet Explorer 6 and later, Firefox 1.x and later, Safari 3 and later, Google Chrome, Opera 9.5 and later
- Macintosh: Safari 3 and later, Firefox 1.x and later, Google Chrome
- Linux: Firefox 1.x and later
- Flash Player 6.0.79 or later. (Flash Player 7 or later recommended.)