This meeting will be held virtually with no in person component and will not be recorded. Instructions on how to view this webinar will be sent to registrants upon registration and 1-2 days prior to the meeting. If registration is closed or you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Austrian Young Privacy Professionals Take the Stage Part II
The SCC 2021 hands-on approach: Agree on the EU standard contractual clauses successfully and use them in your day-to-day business operations
• As of September 2021, the revised SCC 2021 are mandatory for any data transfer to non-EU countries. The modular design, the numerous duties of the parties and, ultimately, the new management approach - the Transfer Impact Assessment (TIA) - require companies to adapt both their processes and their compliance structures. This presentation provides an introduction to the SCC 2021, an overview of the most important duties and a recommendation for the design and workflow of a TIA.
The question of the materiality threshold of the liability to pay compensation according to Art 82 GDPR: Current case law and the requests for submission to the European Court of Justice (Sinus-Geo-Milieus)
• Liability and right to compensation
• Preliminary ruling proceedings to the Court of Justice of the EU (CJEU)
• Non-material damage
Art 23 GDPR: Possible restrictions of the GDPR
• EDPB Guidelines (10/2020) on restrictions under Article 23
• Restrictions in Austrian law (incl. decision of the Austrian Supreme Court)
• Practical relevance: Accountability-Principle and obligation of post-fulfilment
Maximilian Kröpfl, Rechtsanwaltsanwärter, E+H Eisenberger und Herzog Rechtsanwalts GmbH
Nina Dallinger, Juristische Mitarbeiterin, Rechtsanwaltskanzlei Bisset
Robert Horner, Rechtsanwaltsanwärter, aringer herbst winklbauer Rechtsanwälte
Alexander Höller, CIPP/E, CIPM, Attorney at Law, KWR Karasek Wietrzyk Rechtsanwälte
This presentation will be in German.
16:00 - 18:00 CET
Thank you to our local KnowledgeNet Chapter Chairs:
Andreas Zavadil, CIPP/E, CIPM, Jurist, Austrian Data Protection Authority
Michael Pachinger, CIPP/E, Attorney at Law and Partner, SCWP Schindhelm
Georg Huber, CIPP/E, Attorney at Law, Greiter Pegger Kofler & Partner Rechtsanwälte
Rudolf Periny, CIPP/C, CIPP/E, CIPP/US, CIPM, CIPT, CEO, EYECOON
Special thank you to Young Privacy Professional volunteer, Alexander Höller, CIPP/E, CIPM, Attorney at Law, KWR Karasek Wietrzyk Rechtsanwälte, for helping to support the chapter.
Eligible CPE Credits:
CIPP/A, CIPP/C, CIPP/E, CIPP/US, CIPM, and CIPT.
If you have certification questions, please read our cpe policy or e-mail email@example.com. Credit will be awarded two weeks after date of event.
Share this #KnowledgeNet!