Free IAPP Web Conference Recording:Brought to You by AnonosHow to Comply with the GDPR While Unlocking the Value of Big Data
Original Broadcast Date: January 31, 2017
The ability to anonymize data sets of personal information opened up vast opportunities in the commercial sector in terms of targeted marketing and business insights. At the same time, rapidly evolving abilities of “big data” algorithms combined with proliferating online databases have made re-identification a looming threat for individuals.
These technological advancements helped precipitate the GDPR and other emerging data protection regimes. Since all major companies now rely on big data for analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence, it’s critical that companies enable compliance in a way that allows for the irreplaceable value of their data assets to be utilized.
The challenge now is how to comply with GDPR and other data protection regime requirements while tapping into the increasingly necessary business value that big data can provide. While difficult, solutions are emerging to provide for both.
Join us for this online conversation, featuring some of the leading thinkers in the privacy field and discover:
- How to understand GDPR compliance obligations as a potential business enabler, rather than a disabler of business objectives.
- How to achieve balance between proper data protection and responsible utilization of big data’s powerful analytic abilities.
- Effective technical tools available right now to help you navigate your regulatory requirements.
To gain insight into the issues that will be discussed during the program, we recommend that you download and read this specially prepared white paper in advance: Meeting Upcoming GDPR Requirements While Maximizing the Full Value of Data Analytics: Balancing the Interests of Regulators, Data Controllers and Data Subjects.
If you have questions following your viewing of the web conference recording, please address them to: firstname.lastname@example.orgPanelists
, CEO, AnonosMike Hintze, CIPP/US
, Hintze Law, formerly Chief Privacy Counsel and Assistant General Counsel, MicrosoftGwendal Le Grand
, Director of Technology and Innovation, CNILIn connection with this sponsored web conference (called the “Innovation Series”), the IAPP provides an attendee list to the sponsor(s) of the Innovation Series for that particular web conference, which includes attendee names, titles, organizations and email addresses.
We have contracted with the sponsors so that they are:
• Only allowed to contact you about the subject of the Innovation Series;
• Not allowed to pass your email to a third party;
• Not allowed to retain your email if they have not established a business relationship with you after six months; and
• Obligated to provide you with a proper opt-out mechanism to prevent subsequent communications.
If you do not wish for your information to be passed along to the Innovation Series sponsor(s), you should not sign up for this free web conference. Alternatively, you may access the archive of the Innovation Series without providing information to sponsors. However, access to the archive is not live and provides less functionality.
Eligible CPEs: CIPP/US, CIPP/E, CIPP/C, CIPP/A, CIPM, and CIPT
1.0 CPE credit