Free IAPP Web Conference:Brought to You by OneTrustData Mapping and Article 30 – How to Scale in Practice
Broadcast Date: March 23, 2017
Time: 11:00 a.m. - Noon ET, 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. GMT
The deadline to be in compliance with the GDPR is a little over a year away. Organizations seeking to have their houses in order next spring are busy implementing the necessary policies and controls to understand and manage their data flows. Article 30 of the new law spells out in detail that regulatory authorities can, at their discretion, request records of your organization’s personal data processing activities.
So how will you do this efficiently across the many business arms of your organization? How will you prioritize what data to map and track, and what doesn’t require this level of attention? Who should be involved in these data mapping and inventory activities?
Join us for this informational web conference and hear from data privacy experts the answers to these questions and more. Time will be allocated to field your anonymous questions.What you’ll take away
- How to prioritize, how much time to allocate, and what reports to generate
- Questionnaires vs. Intelligent Data Flow Scanning
- In-house vs. third party resources
- Keeping it evergreen and up to date
- Re-using existing IT tools
Kabir Barday, CIPP/US, CIPM, CIPT, CEO, OneTrust
Sabrina Houlton, Associate General Counsel, Data Privacy & Security, United Technologies Corporation
Veronika Tonry, CIPP/E, CIPM, CIPT, FIP, President, Privacy Know How, LLC
In connection with this sponsored web conference (called the “Innovation Series”), the IAPP provides an attendee list to the sponsor(s) of the Innovation Series for that particular web conference, which includes attendee names, titles, organizations and email addresses.
We have contracted with the sponsors so that they are:
• Only allowed to contact you about the subject of the Innovation Series;
• Not allowed to pass your email to a third party;
• Not allowed to retain your email if they have not established a business relationship with you after six months; and
• Obligated to provide you with a proper opt-out mechanism to prevent subsequent communications.
If you do not wish for your information to be passed along to the Innovation Series sponsor(s), you should not sign up for this free web conference. Alternatively, you may access the archive of the Innovation Series without providing information to sponsors. However, access to the archive is not live and provides less functionality.
Eligible CPEs: CIPP/E, CIPT, CIPM, CIPP/US, CIPP/G, CIPP/A, and CIPP/C.
1.0 CPE credit