Free IAPP Web Conference:
Brought to You by RADAR
How to Simplify Compliance with Data Breach Laws
Broadcast Date: March 30, 2017
Time: Noon – 1:00 p.m. ET, 17:00 – 18:00 GMT
Privacy officers and legal professionals are challenged to ensure their organizations are compliant with ever-changing federal, state and international regulatory requirements. But how to keep up with these myriad rules and their ongoing updates?
Enter a unique and collaborative partnership between the IAPP and RADAR, Inc. Working together, we’ve crafted a solution through the development of a comprehensive tool that can be used to stay current and to simplify compliance with these complex and changing laws. The IAPP-RADAR Incident Response Center, an extension of the RADAR software platform, details up-to-date U.S. and international data breach notification laws in a single repository. It incorporates all U.S. states and territories as well as federal laws including the HIPAA Final Breach Notification Rule and the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA). The tool also includes international data breach laws including current data protection laws for all EU countries, and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Canada, and other international jurisdictions. An interactive map allows users to quickly navigate and determine at a glance key provisions of U.S. breach notification statutes.
Join us for this informative web conference to hear about this tool: What it is, how it works, and what it can do to help with the compliance obligations of your organization.
The IAPP-RADAR Incident Response Center enables organizations to:
● Access up-to-date overviews of breach notification laws for the U.S. as well as EU countries (including GDPR)
● Keep informed of federal and state incident risk assessment and reporting requirements for data breaches
● Keep up with the requirements to achieve regulatory compliance, and the penalties for non-compliance
Mahmood Sher-Jan, CHPC, CEO RADAR, Inc.
Julia Jacobson, Partner, K&L Gates LLP
In connection with this sponsored web conference (called the “Innovation Series”), the IAPP provides an attendee list to the sponsor(s) of the Innovation Series for that particular web conference, which includes attendee names, titles, organizations and email addresses.
We have contracted with the sponsors so that they are:
• Only allowed to contact you about the subject of the Innovation Series;
• Not allowed to pass your email to a third party;
• Not allowed to retain your email if they have not established a business relationship with you after six months; and
• Obligated to provide you with a proper opt-out mechanism to prevent subsequent communications.
If you do not wish for your information to be passed along to the Innovation Series sponsor(s), you should not sign up for this free web conference. Alternatively, you may access the archive of the Innovation Series without providing information to sponsors. However, access to the archive is not live and provides less functionality.
Eligible CPEs:CIPP/US, CIPP/G, CIPP/E, CIPM, CIPT, CIPP/C, and CIPP/E.